Thursday, September 27, 2012

Costa Rica Day 1(Flying)

A couple months ago, I was trying to figure out where I wanted to go on vacation.  For one, I knew I didn't want to go somewhere within the United States or Canada.  Two, it had to be somewhat cheap.  First I thought about going to South America, but the flights were a little pricey.  I looked at Central America next, and there were a lot of good countries to choose from but I settled with Costa Rica.  I chose Costa Rica because it was a beautiful country(minus San Jose as you will know why), stable, and flight round trip was only 400 dollars.

On Sept 14th I flew out of Pittsburgh early in the morning on my way to Houston for a brief layover.  I was actually pretty excited about this flight because I've never been to Texas and was kind of dying to see what it's like despite only seeing it from the plane and just being in the airport.  Fortunately, the person sitting next to me on my flight is originally from Texas, and we had a good solid conversation about Texas and other things.  As we got closer to the airport, I looked out the window, and I saw Texas.  It was pretty much what I expected in the Houston area; flat with a lot of trees.  Now I can cross Texas off my bucket list of states I've been to.  



We landed at the airport, and it was fairly unmemorable.  I think mainly because I wasn't able to step on Texas ground.  That would be an important moment in my life.  One minor highlight though was seeing people drinking at the bar at 8:00 AM.  They are definitely off to a good start for the day.



I boarded my flight to San Jose, and the flight wasn't too exciting other than hitting turbulence for a few minutes as the plane got closer to San Jose.  The plane provided us breakfast, and I would rank it as the worst food I've ever ate and believe it or not I do enjoy airplane food because of the novelty of it mainly.  The meal consisted of a pita sandwich with eggs and cheese, cup of fruit, and a muffin.  The cup of fruit wasn't too bad, but the sandwich was horrible.  It was pre-packaged, and it lacked any sort of flavor even when I put the hot sauce on it.  With pita bread, eggs, and cheese, it should be fool proof even it wasn't fresh.  It was just bland overall and I didn't even bother eating the muffin.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...