Friday, July 13, 2012

The Porch at Schenley part 2 - The Rooftop Garden

Before L and I had our dinner, the manager came over and started talking to us since we were both food bloggers.  He asked if we would like to check out the rooftop garden of the restaurant.  When he said this, it was almost like someone asking me to throw the first pitch in a Pittsburgh Pirates game.  Well they are not really similar, but you get the idea.  L and I were up for it.  L likes to garden, and I knew she would like to go up and check it out.  The manager brought us up there, and gave us a tour of the whole garden.  Here are some awesome pictures to check out.

Rosemary
Mint.  This explains why my Almost Arnie drink was so good
Spicy Oregano
Heirloom Tomatoes
Grape Tomatoes
Zucchini
Stevia.  I had an opportunity to taste the leaf and it tasted amazing because of the natural sugarness.  I really should have asked for seconds.
Lemon Cucumbers
Being in that garden was an amazing experience because I can see where some of the ingredients in their food come from, and it shows that the restaurant is committed to using local ingredients as much as possible.  It is also a good selling point to get people to come to the restaurant since people are getting more into eating local.  The Porch at Schenley has a lot of good things going for them, and I don't see them slowing down anytime soon.

Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...